We are living in a period where people are using the internet for everything. From paying electricity bills to planning a trip everything is digital now.
The tremendous growth in the popularity of Digital Mediums has created a lot of opportunities for businesses to create an influence in the internet world.
The conventional brick-and-mortar shops are now turned into the online store. And you can buy anything with a single click.
Digital Marketing as a Profession
The digitization of businesses generates new career opportunities for job seekers and professionals.
A career in Digital marketing is really bright. Organizations are looking for candidates who are masters in the art of expanding business digitally. They want to connect with the new internet-savvy customers.
Consequently, the demand for knowledgeable and skilled digital marketers is growing tremendously.
The digital marketing domain includes several niche jobs. Here we have listed some position that digital marketing includes, however, it’s not limited to these positions:
- Content Creator
- Social Media Marketing Expert
- Search Engine Optimization Expert
- Business Analyst
- Online Brand Manager
- Mobile Marketing Expert
- Web Designer
- Professional Blogger
- Search Expert
- Email Marketer
In-Demand Digital Marketing Skills
As a Digital marketer, your responsibility is to establish a connection with buyers and provide relevant information about a given product or service to create a positive influence on customers.
The ultimate goal of a digital marketer is to boost sales for businesses and increase brand awareness.
For a rewarding career in the digital domain, you need to master the following skills:
- Inbound Marketing – Able to create a successful inbound marketing strategy to generate new leads and boost sales.
- Versatility – Able to made quick changes to campaigns to meet ultimate project goals.
- Strong Managerial Skills – Able to manage multiple projects and campaigns at the same time.
- Branding Experience- Must know how to create a powerful branding strategy.
- Website Conversion– Know how to create landing pages that improve conversion.
- Content Marketing– Know how to write engaging content and top Platforms to share content.
- Social Media- Capable to create ‘viral,’ social media content for increasing brand or product exposure.
- Analytics- Must have an understanding of Analytical Tools.
- SEO- Must have a great understanding of SEO and how it works to increase search engine rankings.
- Paid Ads- Must have a great understanding of Advertising Platforms, such as Google AdWords, to design effective ad campaigns.
Who Should Choose A Career in Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a booming industry and flourishing career path. As more and more digital channels are appearing, the need for digital marketers is growing as well.
A person who is passionate, Innovative and Goal oriented is the best-suited for a digital marketing role.
Salary in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing skills are in great demand. It’s become the most lucrative career choice amongst individuals.
The role and designation of a digital marketer are decided by the experience and knowledge a person has.
According to the website payscale.com, we have listed the salary for every digital marketing positions:
- Direct Marketing Associate – less than 10 years of experience & averages a salary $ 43,900 annually.
- Direct Marketing Specialist – $48,500 annually (Entry-level pay)
- Digital Marketing Manager – $62,100 annually (Entry-level pay)
- Digital Marketing Director – $80,900 – almost double the annual salary of an entry-level DM Associate.
Note: Annual salaries will differ according to the location and company one works for.
How to Get Started in Digital Marketing
There are plenty of ways to get started in Digital marketing. You will find many paid as well as unpaid ways to learn digital marketing.
By unpaid resources we mean Blogs – MOZ, Hub Spot, Kiss Metrics, Social fresh, etc, Videos, E-books, free guides, and others.
However, if you are a newcomer in the digital marketing industry, then you should join a professional digital marketing training program.
These training programs will not only help you to get the knowledge of domain but also help provide you the certification that will help you to justify your value.
Moreover, you will have a mentor to guide you and clear your doubts and queries.
Future Prospects of Digital Marketing as a Career
The digital marketing sector is growing at a very fast pace. With the expanding internet population, organizations have started shifting their focus from traditional to digital media.
And this gives rise to the huge demand for experienced and knowledgeable digital marketing professionals. However, presently there is not enough professional to fill the requirements.
So, digital marketing is a field where demand exceeds the supply.
Moreover, there is no chance that people will start going back to the same old days of traditional media. The digital field will improve and evolve with time.
You will see several new platforms and trends in the coming days. So, digital marketing is a perfect career choice if you want to be an in-demand professional and want to stay ahead from others.