McAfee is a well-known name for the antivirus services provided by them. Forgiving a tough competition to hackers McAfee in regular intervals update their antivirus for better security of your device. McAfee provides the latest security to its customers and even to the government. If you are using private, public or hybrid computer technologies their cloud-based security solutions provides you the advanced protection from online threats.
In case if you are McAfee user then regularly check the latest updates for your system and data prevention on mcafee.com/activate. Here below are given some points which may help you to check your antivirus software updates.
McAfee Antivirus for security versions:
- In your system tray look for M icon and right click on itM
- Now click on updates and then go to check now
- Click on the check and start a search for updates
Another method is you can also double click on the M icon to open the McAfee security center console, there you will see the security and update status of your device.
- Click on updates, you will see two options, check on updates and settings appearing on the right side.
- Click on the check for updates and the program will start running looking for updates.
- If you have some other work in your device, you can click on the RUN button in the background and the McAfee security center console will drop out of sight.
- Later you open the console and check the updates if completed click on Done button and exit the update division. If needed just restart your system.
McAfee Antivirus for VirusScan Enterprise versions:
Right-click the icon M and click on update now. The McAfee program automatically starts looking for latest updates of software, virus definitions and performance patches.
After completion, you will see that all the updates have been successfully installed. Now close the McAfee virus scan console window.
You can also update your McAfee program manually. The DAT file is known as a McAfee update file. Open up your web browser and type ‘download DAT file for McAfee’ (if you know the version of your McAfee antivirus version then type that name, otherwise leave it) in a search engine (google or bing) and press the enter key. On your screen, you will see DAT file download results now. Click any of the given McAfee links and download the file.
After downloading, save your file and exit the browser window. After this open up your file and if required a click on the RUN button and follow rest of the instructions to complete the procedure. If essential restart your computer.
Now you will see the updated McAfee program with the latest updates and patches.